Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic & Thyme
- 16 even-sized open cup mushrooms, stalks cut level
- 3 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped very finely
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly fry the mushrooms, cap-side down, in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Arrange the mushrooms in a a 9×13 cooking dish (or whatever rectangular oven-proof dish you have on hand) with the stalks facing upwards.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter (make sure its softened), garlic, thyme, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Spoon a little garlic butter on to each mushroom, then lightly press the breadcrumbs on top.
- Either refrigerate for later use, or bake immediately in the oven for 15 minutes or golden around the mushroom cap.